FREE CONSULTATION 314-722-5247 314-722-5247

V Visa: Non-immigrant Visa for Family Members

What Is a V Visa?

The V visa is a non-immigrant visa created to allow families to stay together while waiting for the processing of immigrant visas.

Who qualifies for a V visa?

If you are a permanent resident, your spouse, child (unmarried and under 21), or the child of your spouse (your step-child) may be eligible for a V visa if:

  • You filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your family member on or before December 21, 2000. This includes children (unmarried and under 21) listed on the petition.
  • The family member has been waiting at least 3 years since you filed the Form I-130.
  • The immigrant visa is not available on an approved Form I-130 petition OR the application to adjust status is pending OR the petition for an immigrant visa is pending.

How can an attorney help in this process?

An attorney can ensure that all necessary documentation is processed and can prepare the petition and visa application more quickly. An immigration attorney with substantial experience in family based immigration can help avoid the many costly pitfalls and help you sail through the process easily.

To discuss if this is the right visa for you and if you can qualify under this category, please feel free to contact us by email or call us at 314-722-5247.