FREE CONSULTATION 314-722-5247 314-722-5247

M-1 Visa

What Is an M-1 Visa?

The M-1 Vocational Student visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign students wishing to pursue vocational or non-academic studies, other than language training, to enter into the U.S.

Who qualifies for an M-1 visa?

To qualify for an M-1 visa, you must:

  • Prove your intention to enter into the U.S. temporarily
  • Attend an approved vocational study program
  • Engage in a full course of study

What are the benefits of applying under this visa category?

On M-1 visa, you may:

  • Enter the U.S. as a full-time vocational or non-academic student
  • Transfer from one school to another
  • Work legally on-campus on a part-time basis
  • Work legally off-campus on an assignment that relates to your field of study
  • Travel in and out of the U.S.
  • Apply for M-2 visas for dependents accompanying you to the U.S.

How can an attorney help in this process?

An attorney will be able to ensure the necessary documentation is provided in support of the application, and prepare the applicant for the interview process so that there are no last-minute surprises. The attorney can identify factors that can make or break your application. It is possible to produce the best results when we combine immigration legal experience with your personal facts, arguments, and documentation.

To discuss if this is the right visa for you and if you can qualify under this category, please feel free to contact us by email or call us at 314-722-5247.