USCIS Discontinues Legacy e-Filing System
In an endeavor to maintain data security standards and to utilize resources on the new Electronic Immigration System, USCIS has decided to discontinue its legacy e-filing system. The new forms could be started in the e–filing system by August 30th and should be completed and submitted by September 20th. If a case which was submitted via e-filing is pending, USCIS will adjudicate the case to completion.
USCIS is under transition to a new system called Electronic Immigration System, which would make the process faster, more secure, and easier to upgrade and update.
After the system is discontinued, the following Forms will have to be filed on paper:
- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
- Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
- Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status
- Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service